Shaving Cost Comparison
Evaluating other shave brands and TICO* From A Cost Perspective
I was curious about the price per shave approach to comparing TICO* Shave Oil to some of the more mainstream shaving products on the market, so I decided to conduct an experiment to see for myself and to share the results with you, in the case you occupy your mind with such questions. Let me state that this is not a scientific experiment. While I was very conservative in my counts, I only used one bottle of each product.
Here is What I Did I purchased a couple of shave brands to compare with TICO*: one of the more popular Gillette Shaving Creams as well as one of the more popular Gillette Shaving Gels, which along with a bottle of TICO* shave oil rounded it out to three contestants. I then laid out lots of foil and got to work… here are my observations and findings:
Here is How the Shaving Cream Performed; upon further inspection, they actually call it “shaving foam” instead of shaving cream which I suppose is a more accurate description, but kind of gross in a toxic way.
- The bottle of shaving cream cost $2.29 and put out 149 shaves for a cost per shave of $0.015.
- This does not include the cost of aftershave, which if you assume the same per cost, that would double the cost per shave to $0.03, or even a pre shave treatment which based on the same logic would bring the number to $0.045.
- Lastly, the last ~25 pumps were very watery and not foamy at all, which would adjust the above numbers to $0.018 – $0.048 respectively.
Here is How the Shaving Gel Performed;
- The bottle of shave gel cost $2.49 and put out 116 shaves for a cost per shave of $0.02.
- This does not include the cost of aftershave, which if you assume the same per cost, that would double the cost per shave to $0.04, or even a pre shave treatment which based on the same logic would bring the number to $0.06.
Here is How the TICO* Organic Shave Oil Performed;
- The bottle of TICO* cost $20.00 and put out 125+ shaves for a cost per shave of $0.16.
- There was no need for pre-shave or after shave since it is an all in one solution.
Here are My Conclusions:
The shaving cream (sorry, foam) cost two to five cents per shave and the shaving gel cost two to six cents per shave. In a nutshell, that makes TICO* about twelve cents more per shave shaving with oil…
Let’s put this into perspective. The question to ask is what budget would you place on shaving with 100% Organic Non-GMO Essential Oils instead of the mainstream chemical alternatives?
- If you shave every day, TICO* shave oil would cost you $43.80 more per year.
- If you shave every other day, TICO* shaving oil would cost you $21.90 more per year.
- If you shave two days a week, , TICO* would cost you $12.48 more per year.
Since the average man shave three times per week, would you spend an extra $22 per year to keep that beautiful man husk soft and smooth and chemical free? To keep it moisturized and youthful? Well, that’s up to you but you know how I roll…